Friday, August 10, 2012

Italy - Florence - 16.4.1958.

 Hotel Minerva, Florence, Italy. 16.4.1958.

Dear Pennie,

     This says 'Surprise'  I took Sue to school yesterday and was allowed to take her out for the afternoon today.  I had lunch at school and it was very good.  Sue has a wonderfully big bedroom, all to herself,  and the girls all seem very nice.  She doesn't get any holidays, at least, not the usual kind, but she goes to the seaside for a month with the school instead.  She is not allowed to speak English, except on Sundays, but must speak French or Italian.  Just as well she is so good at French isn't it.

     Lots of love, Nan.



 Hotel Minerva, Florence, Italy 16.4.1958.

Dear Timmy,

     The words say something like 'Is it a dream, or really true'.  It costs two much to send you many cards from Italy by Air Mail, so I'll send them by sea after this one.  Susy is here with me at teh moment, driving me mad by playing the radio too loudly, bad girl.  Write to me soon.

     Lots of love, Nan


Hotel Minerva, Florence. Italy - 16.4.1958.

Dear Merry,

     The words say, 'I miss you', and I do, too.  It is nice to have the picture of you three, I am going to buy a frame for it when I see a nice enough one.  You'd better not let Anglepuss see this picture or he might want to visit the moon, too.

     Lots of love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment