Sunday, August 5, 2012

England - St Ives, Cornwall - 10.11.1957



Seagull House,  The Wharf, St Ives.  Cornwall. England. 10.11.1957.

Dear Pen,

     Thank you for your letters, which I would have answered before if I hadn't been too busy having flu, and looking after Susy having flu, and moving from London to here.  I like being in my flat very much.  Did you see the picture of it that I sent to Mama?  I went to visit some friends yesterday and when I tried to walk home along the road near the sea I couldn't because the waves were breaking over it like mad.  So I had to take the one higher up and even then I got spray on my face.

     How is Artillery Lass? * I hope her leg has recovered.  Susy is looking forward to going to school in Italy next year because she will be able to have riding lessons.  This term, in Switzerland, she is to learn ski-ing I hope she has a bit of sense and doesn't break her bones. I suppose you have started swimming by now.  Susy will be green with envy.  She did go swimming in the lake near her school but not often enough to please her.

      It is now half past ten, Sunday night, here in Cornwall, at Willoughby, it is half past eight, Monday morning, and I suppose you have already left for school.  Funny isn't it?  I must leave for bed, so lots of love, Nan,

* Artillery Lass was a foal born to Gindy, at the Army Quarters we were living in at the time.

Below... The Wharf, St Ives from Google Maps today.

No comments:

Post a Comment