Saturday, August 4, 2012

Switzerland - 30.9.1957 - From Sue.


 Dear Pennie,

Was very thrilled to get your letter, thank you very much.  Do you think you could get a photo of Gindy and Artillery Lass* for me, also one of Merry, Tim, Rip and Rosemary and yourself?  Last week we missed our weekly two hour Frence lesson (we also have one hour french EVERY morning including Saturday.  As you can imagine we cried our hearts out about this!!!!!!!  We get ten days holiday in 12 days time and can hardly wait.  Write again soon.

Lots of love, Sue XX

* Gindy was a horse living at the Army Barracks we were living in, one night she gave birth to a foal called... Artillery Lass by the Soldiers.





Dear Merry,

Thank you very much for your lovely drawing, I was very glad to hear from you at last.  I thought you had forgotten I existed.  At the moment I am being serenaded by Cow Bells, all of different notes I have seen lots of brown and black goats but not very many white ones.  They also wear bells like the sheep.   I have to write some letters now, write again soon.

Lots of love, Sue XX

No comments:

Post a Comment