Monday, September 2, 2013

U.S.A. - San Diego, California - 22.10.1962

 California Poppy.
Growing wild in fields and along roadsides, this is the state Flower of California.


San Diego, California - 20.10.1962

Dear Pen,

     I'd tell you what we call these flowers if I could spell it, anyway it's not poppies!  I've seen plenty growing along the roadsides really good they look too.

     Love Nan


 Top View - Cotton as it comes in from the field.  At the left may be seen baled cotton ready for shipment.
Bottom View - Sugar beet seed field.  One of the many agriculture industries of California.

San Diego, California - 20.10.1962

Dear Tim,

     Saw many cotton fields on my way here from San Mateo, watched the machines harvesting it and saw it being sucked up into the mill by enormous vaccum cleaner sort of gadget.

     love Nan
 Carrot Harvest

San Diego, California - 20.10.1962

Dear Merry,

     Lots and lots of carrots, yes? no?  Somehow, I never imagined carrots being harvested like this, or that carrots were harvested for that matter.

     Love Nan


San Diego, California - 20.10.1962

Dear Nick,

     I hope you are not getting tired of my sending animal cards to you, I like them so much myself and can't help buying them.

     Love Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment