Saturday, August 17, 2013

U.S.A. Rock Springs, Wyoming - 14.6.1962

 Sage Chickens
The largest of the grouse family, take an early morning drink.  These birds, which would rather walk than fly, frequent much of Wyoming.

White Mountain Lodge, Rock Springs, Wyoming.  14.6.92

Dear Pen,

     Couldn't make out , at first which way up the card should go.  Hope you can.
 
     Love Nan


 White Mountain Lodge, Rock Springs, Wyoming - 14.6.62

Dear Tim,

     Fire engines just went whizzing down the road, I went to have a look-see, masses of black smoke which smelt horrid.  However it stopped very smartly so guess all is well.

     Love Nan


 White Mountain Lodge, Rock Springs, Wyoming - 14.6.62

Dear Mer,

     I have a feeling I might have sent this card to one of you when I was here before.  The choice is not very great.

     Love Nan

 
Cowboy Punching Cattle on the Jackalope
The Jackalope is a rare, little known and unusual animal in America.  A cross between a deer and a rabbit, they have never been captured alive.  They are extremely fast runners and very shy and, therefore, rarely seen.
It is claimed they can mimic human voice and their cries sound very harmonious.  
They live in high country seldom reached by experienced mountain climbers.

White Mountain Lodge, Rock Springs, Wyoming - 14.6.62

Dear Fish (Nick)

     I've seen a pack rabbit and an antelope on this trip, but I must admit I haven't seen a jackalope.  Do you think I ever will?

     Love Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment