Saturday, August 17, 2013

U.S.A. Reno, Nevada - 17.6.62

 The abounding southwestern desert Cacti and flora are one of this areas most significant and beautiful attractions.

El Cortez Hotel, Reno. Nevada - 17.6.62

Dear Pen,

     I've been on the bus 11 hours today and I'm tired!  Don't start tomorrow until 10am and get to San Francisco at 3pm so I needn't get up till late tomorrow, Cheers !!

     Love Nan


 Cable Car 
Elko, Nevada
One of the striking attractions in Elka is this 64 year old cable car.  This car once was making regular runs from Clay to Market Street in San Francisco, and now may be seen picking up passengers at the airport or touring Elka with sightseers.  This  cable car is operated through the courtesy of the Commercial Hotel.

El Cortez Hotel, Reno. Nevada - 17.6.62

Dear Mer,

     Next card will be from San Francisco, I go there tomorrow and stay there for a few days before I leave for Alaska.

     Love Nan.


El Cortez Hotel, Reno. Nevada - 17.6.62

Dear Fish (Nick)

     The trains run along the street here and make an awful noise.  Tell your Mummy she hasn't written to me for a very long time.

     Love Nan.

No comments:

Post a Comment