Friday, August 9, 2013

U.S.A. - Cincinati, Ohio - 10.6.1962

 Fountain Square at Night
Tyler-Davidson Fountain  in the heart of downtown Cincinnati was donated to the city in 1871 by Henry Probasco.  The lovely figures reflecting in the multi-colored lights depict the 'Genius of Water'
Cincinnati, Ohio

Pick Fountain Square Hotel, Cincinnati. Ohio.  - 10.6.1962

Dear Pen,

     I hope to see this fountain tonight, looks rather good doesn't it?

     Love Nan




 Top:    Skyline of Cincinnati, Ohio, from Kentucky shores of the Ohio River.  
The tallest Building is the Carew Tower which is 48 stories and rises 574 feet above street level.  Nearby is the 38 story Union Central Building.
Bottom:    Approach to Cincinnati Union Terminal.  The main concourse of the Union Terminal, completed in 1933, at a cost of $42,000.00 is regarded as the finest terminal in the nation.

Pick Fountain Square Hotel, Cincinnati, Ohio.  10.6.1962

Dear Tim,

     The cards are a bit dull this time, couldn't find any goodies at teh bus terminal and I am too hungry to go looking anywhere else.

     Love Nan

Pick Fountain Square Hotel, Cincinnati, Ohio.  10.6.1962

Dear Merry,

     I've licked so many airmail stickers andso many stamps in the last 15 minutes that I'm now going to drink at least 15 glasses of water -- what I do for my nieces and nephews!

     Love Nan

Pick Fountain Square Hotel.  Cincinnati, Ohio.  10.6.62

Dear Fish (Nick)

     I want my dinner too!  The silly bus was late leaving today and wouldn't stop anywhere long enough for me to eat anything.

     Love Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment