Friday, July 20, 2012

England - Wells, Somerset - 21.6.1957

The China Room, Woburn Abbey.

Wells, Somerset. England - 21.6.1957

Dear Pennie,

     We visited Woburn Abbey today.  It is the place belonging to the Duke of Bedford and is very lovely.  The glass-ware you can see I liked very much.  We saw a huge 4 - poster bed Charles 1st slept in, hundreds of years later Queen Victoria slept in it when she used to stay at the Abbey.  I went to the races yesterday at Ascot and I won some money.  The Queen's horse came first and I won quite a lot on it.  I saw the Queen, Princess Margaret, Princess Alexander and the Queen Mother.  I also saw Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Todd.'

    Lots of love, Nan


Landseer's - 'Deer in Woburn Park', Woburn Abbey.

Wells, Somerset. England - 21.6.1957

Dear Merry,

     I seem to be sending you a lot of deer cards, don't I?  I saw lots of the great great grandchildren of these deer today and I drove through the same park.  I also saw some little ponies kids could ride on and a Llama they could ride on too.  We are going to a place called Wells tomorrow.  Ask Pen to find it on the map of England.

     Lots of love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment