Wednesday, July 18, 2012

England - Falmouth, Cornwall - 15.6.1957

 Gyllyngdene Hotel, Falmouth, Cornwall. England - 15.6.1957

Dear Pennie,

     This is a beautiful place.  I can see the English Channel from my window.  We went to St Ives yesterday and I think I am going to have a flat there.  There are fine beaches, with the first real sand we have seen since we left Australia.  Hurry up and write to me.
 
     Lots of love, Nan

Gyllyngdene Hotel, Falmouth, Cornwell. England - 15.6.1957.

Dear Timmy,

      We haven't had any of these to eat yet, but we have eaten Cornish ice cream, which is made from butter and is really delicious.  We had a long car drive yesterday and stopped to look at the Atlantic Ocean at a place called Hills Mouth.  We talked to a sea-gull with one leg, poor bird.  The gulls are very much bigger than most of our Australian ones.  If we go to Mousehole on Tuesday I will sent more cards from there.

     Lots of love G.A.N.


Gyllyngdene Hotel, Falmouth, Cornwall. England - 15.6.1957

Dear Merry,

     I used to know this prayer when I was a little girl like you, We are going for a bus trip tomorrow to a place called The Lizard.  Look on the map and see if you can find it.  Ask Mummy to tell you the rythme about - St Ives.  We went there yesterday and saw almost millions of cats.  They play on the beach, which seems a funny thing for cats to do.

     Love from, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment