Sunday, July 8, 2012

Switzerland - Interlaaken - 29.4.1957

 Hotel Du Lac, Interlaaken. Switzerland. 29.4.1957

Dear Pennie,

I took Susie to school this morning so I feel very lonely tonight without her.  We leave on Wednesday for Stresa, which is in Italy.  This afternoon we went for a ride in a sort of train called furnicular, and the train line was just like this.

 It was great fun. We came here in a train nearly full of soldiers.  They were talking German all the time and laughing at jokes, I couldn't understand, which was very annoying.

     Lots of love, Nan.


Hotel Du Lac, Interlaaken. Switzerland.  29.4.1957

Dear Timmy,

What do you think of this sort of milkman?  We are going up a snow covered mountain tomorrow by train, where we hope to see dogs like these pulling sleds.  We also hope to ride on one of the sleds.  The mountain is 13,600 feet high and it's name is Jungfran.

Lots of love, G.A.N.
(Great Aunt Nancy)



Hotel Du Lac, Interlaaken. Switzerland. 29.4.1957

Dear Merry,

I can lean out of my bedroom window at this hotel and throw bread to the water hens as they swim by.  There are two quite big Steamers tied up just outside my room, but we won't be here long enough for me to go for a trip around the lake on one of them.

Lots of love, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment