Thursday, July 19, 2012

England - London - 19.6.1957

London, England - 19.6.1957

Dear Merry Rodd,

     This is a special card for you because Mama tells me you have been sick.  You are a dope, aren't you.  We met the biggest pigs in Cornwall, I have ever seen.  They were pink and really and truly as big as Bambi was.  When I called 'pig, pig' to them they just turned up their noses at me but when a Cornish man squeaked a funny squeak they all came running like billy-oh.  I also made friends with lots of calves, three different sorts of dogs and two cats.  We came home today in a train called 'King Richard 111'  all the trains here have very tasty names.  I hope I will see the Queen tomorros when I go to the races.  I will tell you all about it if I do.  Hurry up and get well.

     Lots of love, Nan

Read all about the 'King' steam trains HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment